ae v0.0.3000

Dennis dkorpel at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 19:23:31 UTC 2021

Whoa, this commit:

https://github.com/CyberShadow/ae/commit/3979fc046a556b55825792d959f3e3a95ff4fd15

"Document Almost Everything" - that's dedication!

On Saturday, 10 April 2021 at 20:46:39 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
wrote:
> -
> [`ae.utils.math.longmul`](https://github.com/CyberShadow/ae/blob/master/utils/math/longmul.d) wraps x86 long (up to 128-bit) multiplication and division in D. [Also seen is DustMite](https://dlang.org/blog/2020/04/13/dustmite-the-general-purpose-data-reduction-tool/).

This should be interesting to people wanting `cent` and `ucent`,
like:
https://forum.dlang.org/thread/geirgwoffadqqplnkuax@forum.dlang.org?page=1

> - The exhaustingly thorough test suite even identified [some
> bugs in libpng
> itself](https://github.com/glennrp/libpng/pull/270).

That's been open for almost two years now. Sadly it looks like
they're short on reviewers.

> -
> [`ae.utils.sound`](https://github.com/CyberShadow/ae/tree/master/utils/sound) is a package to generate, load, and save simple audio samples. Waveforms can be generated as D ranges (using e.g. `std.algorithm`) and then mixed / played / saved. The included space shooter demo game [pewpew](https://github.com/CyberShadow/ae/blob/master/demo/pewpew/) uses this package to generate and play procedural sound effects.

Sounds just like an Atari 2600 game. I got 580 points. I started
out methodically aiming diagonal shots but then found it's pretty
effective to spam space bar while moving left-to right, and then
my points started racking up :)