dmdtags 1.0.0: an accurate tag generator for D source code

WebFreak001 d.forum at webfreak.org
Fri Aug 27 22:45:15 UTC 2021

On Friday, 27 August 2021 at 22:01:59 UTC, Dennis wrote:
> On Friday, 27 August 2021 at 21:38:58 UTC, Paul Backus wrote:
>> Editors that support tags files, such as Vim and Emacs, can
>> use this index to help with things like project navigation and
>> tab completion.
>
> Cool! Now I'll have to look if I can make this work with Visual
> Studio Code, since code-d which uses Dsymbol tends to be
> unreliable, and this looks ideal for Phobos / Druntime symbol
> completion.

actually it uses D-Scanner and should be a fairly easy drop-in
replacement.

I'm just worried about how the memory usage will grow with this,
considering dmd never frees. Maybe I should make it run as
external tool instead of a library so the OS cleans up, but for
that get a performance penalty especially on Windows.