On the D Blog -- Teaching D from Scratch: Is it a viable first language?

matheus matheus at gmail.com
Fri Dec 24 12:55:40 UTC 2021

On Friday, 24 December 2021 at 04:58:20 UTC, zjh wrote:
> On Friday, 24 December 2021 at 03:53:07 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
>
>> Does the site crash e.g. with an error code or does the
>> browser crash? More information may help debug it.
>>
>> Ali
>
> Many times, it is estimated that a `JS` is too large to load.
> Not only did `the browser` crash, but even the `computer`
> crashed.
> Mine is `32-bit, 2G` computer.

What OS and Browser?

I just tested on an old 32 bit machine with 2GB of RAM and both
Chrome and Firefox worked normally.

On Chrome I see there are some errors in some scripts though:

Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined navigation.js:55
Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined select2.min.js:21
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'fn' of undefined
mivhak.min.js:1

But even with these errors it load normally.

Finally in both browsers I use only one extension: ublock origin,
which blocked some trackers from twitter, facebook.

And on Firefox it indeed almost freezes for a like 2 seconds, and
occurs with the status bar showing: "Read c0.wp.com", after that
the page finished loading.

Matheus.