DIP 1034--Add a Bottom Type (reboot)--Formal Assessment Begins

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Wed Feb 3 19:18:03 UTC 2021

On Wed, Feb 03, 2021 at 09:20:57AM +0000, Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
> After a bit of delay, DIP 1034, "Add a Bottom Type (reboot)", is now in the
> hands of Walter and Atila for the Formal Assessment. We can expect to have a
> final decision or some other result by March 4.
>
> You can find the final draft of DIP 1034 here:
>
> https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/blob/1eb2f39bd5b6652a14ef5300062a1234ad00ceb1/DIPs/DIP1034.md

Too late now, but there's a typo in the last code example under section
"Flow analysis across functions": the return line should read:

	return x != 0 ? 1024 / x : abort("calculation went awry.");

rather than:

	return x != 0 ? 1024 / x : abort(0, "calculation went awry.");

(extraneous '0' first argument.)

There are four kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics.