I'm creating a game purely written in D with the arsd library

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Sat Jan 2 21:18:17 UTC 2021

On Sat, Jan 02, 2021 at 09:01:17PM +0000, Murilo via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
[...]
> It's because I don't people to know the spoilers, so no one will see
> the source code.

IMO, that view is misguided, because as soon as some software runs on
the user's PC, it's already open to reverse-engineering. Given enough
time and effort, everything can be reverse-engineered.

The catch is, "given enough time and effort".  Meaning, it's *possible*
to reverse-engineer everything, but whether or not someone will actually
do it depends on whether they consider it worth their time and effort.
I'd surmise practically everyone will consider it not worth the effort.
By extension, given the source code, people might be curious to look at
a couple of pages of it, but I honestly doubt they'd have the motivation
to comb through every last page to ferret out any secrets you may have
hidden. (And if they actually did, then congratulations, you've gained a
dedicated follower. That's not a bad thing! You *want* users with that
level of dedication.)

Providing source code is mainly for convenience to people who might want
to compile it for platforms you do not have (thus spreading the word
about your program).

The two rules of success: 1. Don't tell everything you know. -- YHL