Printing shortest decimal form of floating point number with Mir

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 22:50:16 UTC 2021

On Sunday, 3 January 2021 at 20:31:41 UTC, welkam wrote:
> You should put yourself in the boots of Atila. If you accept a
> change that later turns out to be bad idea you cant just take
> it out.

This is just silly. You don't have to accept a specific
solution...

...but...

YOU DO HAVE TO ACKNOWLEDGE A TYPE SYSTEM BUG!

If an indirection through an alias causes type unification to
fail then that is a serious type system failure. No excuses
please...

"workarounds" are indeed just excuses, telling people
"workarounds" they already know about is borderline offensive. I
wouldn't call it mocking, but I certainly see why it can be
perceived as such.