Printing shortest decimal form of floating point number with Mir

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 13:54:40 UTC 2021

On Monday, 4 January 2021 at 13:47:17 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> An alias is a short hand. If it is possible to discriminate by
> the alias and the actual object then that it a semantic problem.

Typo: "discriminate between". An alias should be
indistinguishable from the object, you are only naming something.
You should be able to use whatever names you fancy without that
having semantic implications, that's the core PL design principle.

(The stupid example that didn't work out was just me forgetting
that I had played around with in higher kinded template
parameters in run.dlang.io, I thought it was the code above...
forgot. :-)