Printing shortest decimal form of floating point number with Mir

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 16:13:07 UTC 2021

On Monday, 4 January 2021 at 15:53:44 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
> I wasn't a process-oriented answer, nor do I think it should
> have been. The PR was a change to the compiler with an
> accompanying DIP. I'm a fan of giving an opinion early to save
> everyone a lot of work and bother.

All management communication about conclusions have a process
oriented aspect to them. Do you just want to quickly shut the
door completely, or do you want to give people a feeling that
their ideas will be remembered in the continuing process of
improving the product?

If you cannot grow that feeling, then the incentive to try will
be reduce significantly...