Discussion Thread: DIP 1039--Static Arrays with Inferred Length--Community Review Round 1

jmh530 john.michael.hall at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 19:49:10 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 12 January 2021 at 19:27:31 UTC, Petar Kirov
[ZombineDev] wrote:
> [snip]
>
> To play the devil's advocate, it shouldn't be hard to change
> the compiler config file to auto-import any module of your
> choice (it config file would simply append it to the compiler
> command line).
>
> [snip]

That sounds a bit like magic, in the Arthur C. Clarke sense.
Would that work in a project that other people are working on?
(i.e., do they have to modify their compiler config files too?).
I'd rather put the import at the top of the file, or in a
version(unittest) block than that. The problem with those
approaches is that if you have an example unittest, then when a
user tries to run it then they have to put the import in
themselves.