Say Hello to Our Two New Pull-Request/Issue Managers

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 11:33:44 UTC 2021

I'm very, very happy that I can finally announce the news. Some
of you may recall the job announcements I put out on the blog
back in September [1]. Symmetry Investments offered to fund one
full-time, or two part-time, Pull Request Manager positions, the
goal being to improve the efficiency of our process (prevent pull
requests from stagnating for ages, make sure the right people see
the PRs in need of more than a simple review, persuade the right
people to help with specific Bugzilla issues, etc).

Several people applied for the job, including some unknown in the
D community. Ultimately, two people were selected: one to fill an
administrative/managerial role, the other to fill a more
technical role. Today I can tell you who they are.

Please congratulate Andrew Edwards and Razvan Nitu on their new
positions! They have already been on the job for several days and
are eager to make a difference.

Currently, their responsibilities are outlined here at:

https://dlang.org/foundation/prman.html

Please consider this a living document. We will amend and revise
it as we learn more about what they and the community need for
them to do this job right.

I ask that everyone please give them time to settle in. I expect
we'll hear from them once they have, with some details regarding
how they'll perform their duties and any relevant information for
contributors.

Congratulations to Andrew and Razvan, and tremendous thanks to
Symmetry for making this happen.

[1]
https://dlang.org/blog/2020/08/30/symmetry-investments-and-the-d-language-foundation-are-hiring/