Discussion Thread: DIP 1039--Static Arrays with Inferred Length--Community Review Round 1

Dukc ajieskola at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 15:14:36 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 13 January 2021 at 15:31:33 UTC, Nick Treleaven
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 13 January 2021 at 14:48:07 UTC, Atila Neves
> wrote:
>> Even if they did, what editor are they using that they can't
>> jump back to where they were?
>
> Geany. You can set a marker but probably the editor should
> automatically add to location history before the go to start of
> file key binding is executed.

I use Geany, and I'm no power user, I don't know many key
bindings. My way to deal with this is dead stupid: I leave the
character cursor where I am and start scrolling. When I want to
go back, lArrow rArrow lArrow rArrow...

The screen jumps back to the cursor. Then I scan the screen to
see the cursor. It is much easier to spot when I keep it moving
with the arrows.