Beerconf January 2021

superbomba superbomba at mail.com
Sat Jan 30 18:37:35 UTC 2021

On Saturday, 30 January 2021 at 17:45:37 UTC, Paul Backus wrote:
> On Saturday, 30 January 2021 at 16:55:22 UTC, superbomba wrote:
>> On Saturday, 30 January 2021 at 14:21:48 UTC, Iain Buclaw
>> wrote:
>>> ...See you all there!
>>
>> Can't participate, both browsers gave me:
>>
>> On FF:
>>
>> 2021-01-30T18:50:28.769Z
>> [modules/browser/BrowserCapabilities.js] This appears to be
>> firefox, ver: 52.0  lib-jitsi-meet.min.js:10:28442
>> SyntaxError: invalid property id  app.bundle.min.js:240:897408
>
> I suspect you need to update your browser. Firefox 52 was
> released 3 years ago; the current release is Firefox 85.

Yes it's old indeed, the problem is sometimes when you upgrade a
software there other problems/factors like privacy and so on that
doesn't hold up on new versions.

FF at least on mobile had a very serious privacy flaw last year
with camera keeping active and recording even when closing the
browser.

But interesting note, these 2 browsers work fine with every site
or stream services out there, except this one.

s.