D Language Foundation Monthly Meeting Summary

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 14:02:29 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 2 June 2021 at 11:10:36 UTC, Dukc wrote:

> Phobos v2 is an official plan? That was news for me! Any chance
> to get a glimpse of what's planned for it?

The overall goal is that it doesn't replace the current Phobos,
but sits alongside it. Changed/improved/new functionality goes in
the std.v2 namespace (or whatever it looks like in the end) and
you can import that alongside existing std packages.

Andrei has talked about it a little here in the forums, and Steve
did some preliminary work a while back. Beyond that, I have no
details about plans. We'll have more after the workgroup gets
going.