D Language Foundation Monthly Meeting Summary

russhy russhy at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 21:10:15 UTC 2021

On Friday, 4 June 2021 at 12:44:07 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:
> On Friday, 4 June 2021 at 00:14:11 UTC, zjh wrote:
>> On Thursday, 3 June 2021 at 23:48:16 UTC, zjh wrote:
>>> [...]
>>

>> As a small language, if you want to succeed.There is no way
>> out except to be the best.
>> Otherwise, why don't I use C++?
>>
>> [...]
>
> GC won't go away tho. What might happen is more flexibility.
> The GC-phobia is irrational.

THERE IS NO GC PHOBIA, it is a nice UTILITY

people don't understand what an utility is, it is meant to be
used whenever you need it, NOT ALL THE TIME YOU DON'T NEED IT

there must be strategies how you position yourself in the market,
what other language are doing, what people are looking for in a
pragmatic system language

this is why it makes me furious everytime i see people wanting
more GC, you are clueless, and you drive adoption down by wanting
more GC

i should stop write message here, nobody understand anyways, and
people who make decisions for D are lost too