[Semi-OT] Cross-Platform GitHub Action

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 10:49:34 UTC 2021

On 6/9/21 4:17 AM, evilrat wrote:
> On Wednesday, 9 June 2021 at 05:20:14 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 8 June 2021 at 19:40:01 UTC, kinke wrote:
>>> Thx for sharing! Interesting; I've recently worked on something
>>> similar, but on Linux hosts and using a kvm/qemu/libvirt stack for
>>> running CI jobs in Windows VMs.
>>
>> Yeah, this is running on macOS instead because the Linux and the
>> Windows runners on GitHub actions don't support nested virtualization.
>
> Just a note from terms of service:
> you get 2000 minutes available for Github Actions every month for free,
> however for using Windows hosts it takes 2x minutes and Mac hosts takes
> 5x minutes.

I think this only applies to private repositories:

```
*GitHub Actions usage is free for both public repositories and
self-hosted runners.* For private repositories, each GitHub account
receives a certain amount of free minutes and storage, depending on the
product used with the account.
```

(emphasis mine)

I do not see any balance of minutes spent on github actions on
mysql-native, and I'm pretty sure I would have exhausted 2000 minutes
already.

-Steve