LDC 1.27.0-beta2

kinke noone at nowhere.com
Sat Jun 26 07:57:12 UTC 2021

On Saturday, 26 June 2021 at 05:36:51 UTC, workman wrote:
> undefined symbol __fieldPostblit and __postblit cause link
> error only with LTO enabled for windows mingw target.
>
> There is more undefined symbols for LDC 1.27 compare to 1.26.
> My code not changed and they used to work with old version ldc.
>
> without LTO all work fine, old LDC link with -flto and -O fix
> the missing symbol,  but 1.26 && 1.27 not work anymore.

Sorry to hear about your LTO troubles; the -O requirement seems
to be some MSVC specificum of LLD (see
https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/issues/3500), but LTO
without -O doesn't make a lot of sense anyway. It might have
gotten worse with more recent LLVM versions if it used to work
with older LDC versions; I seem to recall that recent LLD got a
MinGW driver, so you may want to give that one a try via -linker.

For something actionable, please file an issue with according
reproducible test case. Note that MinGW targets aren't officially
supported and totally untested, so if it's been working for you,
that's either sheer luck or insufficient test coverage. ;)