Visual D 1.1.0 released

James Lu jamtlu at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 13:43:26 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 2 March 2021 at 08:58:15 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
> Hi,
>
> development on Visual D, the Visual Studio extension that adds
> D language support to VS 2008-2019, has been rather slow
> recently, but finally the results of recent months have been
> released.
>
> Some highlights of this new version:
>
> - semantic engine updated to frontend 2.095.1
>
> - adds "adornments" (Visual Studio terminology) to the call
> site of parameters that are passed by (mutable) ref, out or
> lazy. See
> https://rainers.github.io/visuald/visuald/images/parameterstorage.png
> for some examples.
>
> - integrates dfmt for command "Format Document"
>
> See
> https://rainers.github.io/visuald/visuald/VersionHistory.html
> for a full list of changes.
>
> You can find the update installer or a full installer bundled
> with latest versions of DMD and LDC here:
>
> https://rainers.github.io/visuald/visuald/StartPage.html
>
> Cheers,
> Rainer

Hi,

I've gotten D articles to the frontpage of Hacker News 4 times.

I think this would be a good candidate to get to the frontpage of
Hacker News again.

I want you to submit it to Hacker News, then add a comment saying:

* Explain why you made this
* Explain what's interesting about Visual D
* Offer to explain questions

Use the title: "Visual Studio Code for D Language 1.1.0"