Bubel ECS - Entity-Component-System architecture implementation

Mergul wismerchil at interia.eu
Tue Mar 9 21:24:01 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 9 March 2021 at 21:01:07 UTC, Meta wrote:
> On Tuesday, 9 March 2021 at 16:36:31 UTC, ryuukk_ wrote:
>> That's impressive, and shows the D capabilities, the future is
>> WASM!!! glad to see D ready for it!
>
> Yes, I forgot to mention this, but WASM support out of the box
> is awesome!

I have to note that for clarification. D can be compiled to WASM
only using betterC switch (as nor Phobos or Druntime can be
compiled to WASM). For demo I also used SDL2 which also supports
Emscripten target. From my side to support WASM I had to remove
D's TLS from code (in demo I used pthread_key as replacement),
implement atomic operations using Emscripten API, write stdc
bindings and my little std library (allocators). While targeting
WASM core.stdc.* modules can't be used as they have no WASM
implementation.

>That's impressive, and shows the D capabilities, the future is
>WASM!!! glad to see D ready for it!

> Thanks for an excellent release!

> Nice package! I'm glad you publish it

Many thanks for your kind words.

> I'm working on a similar project, thanks for sharing, it'll be
> very helpful for me!

Fell free to ask any questions if you want. Demo code isn't
documented (except some demos files) and looks messy in places.