Visual D 1.1.0 released

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Wed Mar 10 07:29:44 UTC 2021

On 06/03/2021 12:55, Imperatorn wrote:
> On Saturday, 6 March 2021 at 06:59:28 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:

>>> True, but could it?
>>
>> Visual D already does that with the help of the semantic highlighting:
>> if an identifier is classified as a type or compile time value, it
>> suppresses the debugger data tool tip and presents the usual one.
>
> Oh, I see. What about dub integration. How much effort would it be to
> have something similar to what code-d has in vsc? Guesstimation?

I'm not much of a dub user. Last time I checked, using it as a package
manager was fine, but not as a build tool. Dependency checks were
incomplete and rather slow. The visuald project generation is pretty
dated and doesn't support multiple configurations which kind of breaks
the usual VS workflow.

I think for better integration dub project generation needs to be
improved (and extended to vcxproj files), or Visual D has to do it
itself from "dub describe" (if that's possible). The latter would also
allow seamless updates of the project in the background.

Then, integration of package management can be considered.