Visual D 1.1.0 released

Petar Petar
Fri Mar 12 10:04:05 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 10 March 2021 at 07:29:44 UTC, Rainer Schuetze
wrote:

> On 06/03/2021 12:55, Imperatorn wrote:
>> On Saturday, 6 March 2021 at 06:59:28 UTC, Rainer Schuetze
>> wrote:

>>> Visual D already does that with the help of the semantic
>>> highlighting: if an identifier is classified as a type or
>>> compile time value, it suppresses the debugger data tool tip
>>> and presents the usual one.
>>
>> Oh, I see. What about dub integration. How much effort would
>> it be to have something similar to what code-d has in vsc?
>> Guesstimation?
>
> I'm not much of a dub user. Last time I checked, using it as a
> package manager was fine, but not as a build tool. Dependency
> checks were incomplete and rather slow. The visuald project
> generation is pretty dated and doesn't support multiple
> configurations which kind of breaks the usual VS workflow.
>
> I think for better integration dub project generation needs to
> be improved (and extended to vcxproj files), or Visual D has to
> do it itself from "dub describe" (if that's possible). The
> latter would also allow seamless updates of the project in the
> background.
>
> Then, integration of package management can be considered.

As far as I remember (circa 2015) Mono-D [0] was the IDE with the
best Dub support - you could just open dub.json files as if they
were project files (sln/csproj). This was by far the most
seamless experience back when I was using IDEs more heavily.

Visual-D could also use Dub as a library, similar to [1][2]. Also
it would be nice to integrate code.dlang.org, just like NuGet is
integrated for .NET in VS.

[0]: https://wiki.dlang.org/Mono-D
[1]: https://github.com/Pure-D/workspace-d
[2]: