Silicon Valley D Meetup - March 18, 2021 - "Templates in the D Programming Language" by Ali Çehreli

data pulverizer data.pulverizer at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 09:45:41 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 17 March 2021 at 21:54:27 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> I will explain templates in a beginner-friendly way.
>
> Although this is announced on Meetup[1] as well, you can
> connect directly at
>

> https://us04web.zoom.us/j/2248614462?pwd=VTl4OXNjVHNhUTJibms2NlVFS3lWZz09
>
> March 18, 2021
> Thursday
> 19:00 Pacific Time
>
> Ali
>
> [1]
> https://www.meetup.com/D-Lang-Silicon-Valley/events/kmqcvqyccfbxb/

I turned up to this online meetup and I have to say that I got an
enormous amount out of it! Conversations like this once a month
or so a few years ago would have made me a much better programmer
(and maybe even a different person) now. Ali spent a lot of time
dissecting code in such an informative, cogent, and enlightening
way, I'm kicking myself for not getting involved in these kinds
of meetings before. Even though the scheduled time for me was
2:00am in the morning, I feel energised for what I learned. It's
a bit like I was groping around in the semi-darkness and someone
switched on a light bulb.

Many thanks to Ali for setting this one up!  There was one other
person who made a useful comment that helped my understanding
whose name I don't recall - thank you too.