Contacting DlangScience maintainers

Chris Piker chris at hoopjump.com
Tue Mar 30 18:28:37 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 30 March 2021 at 17:40:15 UTC, mw wrote:
> On Tuesday, 30 March 2021 at 07:51:17 UTC, Chris Piker wrote:
> https://github.com/dlang-community/discussions/issues
>
> But there is not much going on in DlangScience, right now there
> is no real package maintained. The dlang-community intention is
> to maintain *orphaned* but useful packages.

Good to know you're out there providing continuity.

Since I'm not orphaning packages soon and since physical science
packages have a relatively small user base, it sounds like
interaction with the dlang-community group is not recommended at
this time.

> E.g. one of the most popular package libmir is not in
> DlangScience at all:
>
> https://github.com/libmir/mir-algorithm
> https://github.com/libmir

Good point. Though as a D core library I wouldn't expect it find
it among a run-of-the-mill science repository collection.

> So https://code.dlang.org/ is the main place for packages,
> science or not.

Okay, got it. Repositories are scattered, and that's okay,
because packages are centralized.