mysql-native release v3.0.2

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Mon May 31 13:52:40 UTC 2021

On 5/28/21 11:29 PM, surlymoor wrote:
> On Saturday, 29 May 2021 at 02:34:51 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
>> [...]
>
> Thanks for the work you, singingbush, et al., are putting into this
> project. Besides the glorious @safe update, any thoughts on supporting
> TLS connections? (Ideally, one's path to the DB wouldn't be routed
> outside of a protected network, but such is life.)

I'm not sure when it will happen, but we do have to involve TLS for
default mysql-8 authentication (currently, you must switch from the
default in mysql-8 in order to use mysql-native).

Given that vibe already supports TLS connections, it shouldn't be too
difficult to make it work with vibe. Using Phobos sockets, we probably
have to support TLS directly, which isn't as pleasant.

I also want to support other types of connections (Unix sockets, etc.)
but not sure when any of that will happen.

The safe update is a priority, because the PR is already way out of date
with these recent changes, and it's a big PR.

-Steve