D Language Foundation Quarterly Meeting, October 2021

Dukc ajieskola at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 13:03:09 UTC 2021

On Friday, 5 November 2021 at 11:57:40 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> * The biggest languages have a story. (Java: write once run
> anywhere, the language of the internet; Rust: memory safety
> without a GC; Go: goroutines). What is D's story? It's not one
> big thing, but a lot of little things, and that's not a strong
> story.

I wonder if the underlying theme, that separates us from the
rest, is "low or high-level, just as home"? At least when it
comes to the stance on GC, that seems to be the hot potato on HN,
that applies. Rust advertises working well without the GC. Go
advertises working well with the GC. We lobby for working with or
without based on situation.