Classes in D with betterC

workman workman at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 05:53:46 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 23 November 2021 at 05:25:46 UTC, Stanislav Blinov
wrote:
> Maybe it's a language or cultural issue? I'm not being bashful.
> "Use classes", at least to me, means, well, "use classes", and
> not "use a subset of classes that's really not much better than
> structs as you can't fully support inheritance anyway because
> destruction is a mess".
>
> In other words, in order to fully appreciate the message of
> your article, one has to already be aware of all the other
> issues. Which is a dangerous presupposition for a public
> article, especially not prefaced accordingly.
>
>> Thanks for your input! I'm going to fix the issues you
>> presented.
>
> You're welcome :)

If you can only create C++ class object but can not destroy them,
and can not support dynamic cast,  then C++ class object is not
working.

Maybe the title could be "You can use C++ in betterC but they are
not working", or add into prefaced section.

There is no roadmap about when it could be work, or plan to fixed
should also be mentioned.