Lumars 1.1.1 & Lumarsh 0.2.2

SealabJaster sealabjaster at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 11:11:20 UTC 2021

# Lumars

Lumars is a high-level wrapper around the Lua API. It only
targets Lua 5.1 because of LuaJit. It bundles a precompiled
version of LuaJit for Windows and Posix x86_64 machines to make
it easier to include.

The main highlight of the latest release is the ability to create
EmmyLua-annotated code, allowing you to automatically generate
up-to-date documentation for your D-side functions, that lua
plugins can digest to allow for intelisense. (it has a long way
to go still, but this is at least a start for it).

https://github.com/BradleyChatha/lumars

# Lumarsh

You could describe it as a "single-binary, batteries-included Lua
distro" that aims to provide a decent built-in library for Lua
scripts to consume. Personally, I dislike bash, and I like Lua,
so I want to use Lua wherever possible >:3

Lumarsh also has support for luarocks, so you can still use
external libraries if needed.

Because it's powered by Lumars, it was [very
easy](https://github.com/BradleyChatha/lumarsh/blob/master/source/api/path.d) to expose some select Phobos modules for Lua to use.

`dub run lumarsh -- args` is the easiest way to mess around with
it.

I haven't actually written the code to generate the EmmyLua stuff
yet, but that's because I'm amazingly lazy at times (it should
only take 5 mins at most).

https://github.com/BradleyChatha/lumarsh

They're both still pretty rough around the edges, and definitely
have some usability issues, but I feel they're both ready for
others to experiment with at least.