D Language Foundation Monthly Meeting Summary (September 24, 2021)

Ali Çehreli acehreli at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 5 19:20:59 UTC 2021

On 10/3/21 2:24 PM, James Blachly wrote:

 > Cons: Potential association with silicon valley phrase "move fast and
 > break things".

I am going off-topic but I feel I have to make a correction there.

As a person who worked and lived in Silicon Valley since 1996 (since
1994 in the greater Bay Area), I can safely claim that that phrase has
never been a Silicon Valley phrase. It was used by Facebook in their
less enlightened days (a business that may arguably be associated with
Silicon Valley by their postal address).

Ali