OpenBSD DMD package

Brian bcallah at openbsd.org
Wed Oct 13 04:46:06 UTC 2021

Hello D community --

I am pleased and excited to announce that I have committed a
package of DMD to the OpenBSD package repository:
https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-ports-cvs&m=163409989017870&w=2

OpenBSD -current users should be able to run `pkg_add dmd`
sometime tomorrow to get a binary package of DMD.

Unfortunately, the timing of DMD 2.098.0 just missed the deadline
to be included in OpenBSD 7.0. However, because -current and 7.0
are effectively the same in terms of libraries that matter for
DMD, I will personally support OpenBSD 7.0 users who use the
dmd-2.098.0 package until OpenBSD 7.1 is released (6 months from
now).

~Brian