DMD Frontend working in WebAssembly

Sebastiaan Koppe mail at skoppe.eu
Fri Oct 15 07:28:55 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 14 October 2021 at 22:58:37 UTC, hatf0 wrote:
> On Thursday, 14 October 2021 at 22:56:07 UTC, hatf0 wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've just managed to get the full DMD front-end to work in
>> WebAssembly (with skoppe's druntime fork).

Cool stuff. I recently picked up my wasm forks again and updated
to wasi 12, ldc 1.25.0 and the accompanying druntime/phobos
versions and got all tests to pass (those that I didn't version
out). I am currently in the process of updating to latest ldc and
latest druntime/phobos. Phobos has a bunch of merge conflicts,
but it should be doable if I find a few hours.

Then there is the process of upstreaming a 5000+ line patch and I
probably need some help there. I reckon the WASI bindings are
pretty standalone so those should be easy to add, but there is a
sprawl of additions across almost all files due to not supporting
threads, fibers and catching exceptions.