Gordon programming language

Tero Hänninen abcd at none.none
Tue Oct 26 18:19:59 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 26 October 2021 at 15:12:08 UTC, Dennis wrote:
> On Sunday, 24 October 2021 at 10:13:14 UTC, Tero Hänninen wrote:
>> decided I'd post about my primarily D-influenced programming
>> language here.
>
> Looks very interesting. Why did you create it?

I wanted to have a language that accurately supports my way of
doing programming and doesn't have many features beyond that, a
lean language.

I wanted more clarity and stability and a more Rust like module
system and a different conditional compilation system. I
absolutely love how those work together in Gordon.

As a nice overall kind of bonus, I could do numerous little
tweaks and changes with full freedom. Like the opposite of a
death by a thousand paper cuts.

I could revamp the compiler interface too, not that I ever had
gripes with dmd's.

And you know this was my dream, it was in me, I had to let it
out! :)