On the Blog: DLang News for September/October 2021

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 15:03:46 UTC 2021

For those of you who haven't been keeping up, a summary of the
latest goings on in DLand over the past two months is now up on
the blog. I've also included a message that's more
forward-looking.

The blog:
https://dlang.org/blog/2021/10/29/dlang-news-september-october-2021-d-2-098-0-openbsd-saoc-dconf-online-swag/

Reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/qie7t5/dlang_20980_released_now_available_on_openbsd/

I'll be putting together a video version this weekend for the
foundation's YouTube channel that I should be able to publish by
Sunday.

A big THANK YOU to everyone who has subscribed there already.
We've surpassed 1000 subscribers! With that milestone and our
5,400+ total valid watch hours in the past 12 months, we now
qualify for the YT Partner Program. That means we can start using
our channel as a low-friction means of raising money for the
foundation. We'll apply after DConf Online. That's also when I'll
start publishing the Learning D video tutorials I'd originally
planned to create a new channel for (which would have been a
silly thing to do).

I'm also going to start actively looking for people interested in
creating quality content for a new playlist, content that the
foundation will pay for. So if you have an idea you'd like to
turn into a D-centric video, please don't hesitate to let me know.