sha3-d

dd dd at dax.moe
Fri Oct 29 15:33:57 UTC 2021

On Friday, 29 October 2021 at 15:18:39 UTC, WebFreak001 wrote:
> Awesome! Haven't had the need to use SHA-3 yet myself, but
> given all the other growing ecosystems where this could be of
> use it's nice to have this high-performance implementation
> already.

SHA-3 has been in use in SQLite and in Euthereum for a while,
which are enormous projects. SHA-1 is on life support with sha1cd
and SHA-2 faces length extension attacks (even with SHA-2-256 and
SHA-2-512 but not SHA-2-512/256).

> Would be cool having benchmarks comparing this to other
> implementations if great performance is a goal, as you already
> mentioned in your README it's much faster than keccack-tiny.

 From memory, I remember getting ~10MiB/s when I first implemented
keccak-tiny from C to D. When I rewrote the package to my liking,
and I got ~130MiB/s. But these tests were in a VM on my i7-3770
so it's not really a conclusive thing.

I could do a benchmark again.