SAOC 2021 Projects Summarized

Adam Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 22:30:23 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 1 September 2021 at 22:23:59 UTC, user1234 wrote:
> I dont know why destructors are not virtual.

https://dlang.org/spec/class.html#destructors

"There can be only one destructor per class, the destructor does
not have any parameters, and has no attributes. It is always
virtual. "

I guess it is virtually virtual due to the rt_finalize
implementation papering it over.

But you can write a destroy function to do this too by looking up
the base class xdtor as well (I'm pretty sure anyway).

My point is really just that protoobject is almost certain to
have exactly the same destructor situation as object....