dhtslib v0.12.0 (high-throughput sequencing library)

Johan j at j.nl
Thu Sep 2 10:32:19 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 1 September 2021 at 05:27:38 UTC, James Blachly
wrote:
> I'm delighted to finally post an official announcement of our
> package for high-throughput sequencing (HTS), also called
> Next-generation sequencing (NGS): `dhtslib`. It's not a very
> clever name, and we are working on a new one. ;)
>
> https://github.com/blachlylab/dhtslib/
>
> [...]
>
> [2] Here is a contemporary example of D used in high-throughput
> sequencing: DENTIST by Arne Ludwig at Max Planck institute
>     https://github.com/a-ludi/dentist

I am surprised to see the use of DMD (see the Dockerfile). If you
want runtime performance, the first thing I would do is switch to
LDC or GDC.

Perhaps DENTIST's particular use of D and dhtslib is mainly
forwarding calls to htslib (C) and thus D performance is not
relevant?

-Johan