DIP 1041--Attributes for Higher-Order Functions--Postponed

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Sat Sep 4 08:12:51 UTC 2021

DIP 1041, "Attributes for Higher-Order Functions", has been
postponed by request of the DIP author. The policy on Postponed
DIPs is described in [the DIP process
documentation](https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/blob/master/docs/process-reviews.md#postponed-and-abandoned-dips).

The DIP author has determined that the proposal relies on
semantics that some see as a bug, and would prefer not to move
forward with the review process until the language maintainers
provide a definitive verdict on that opinion. (I'll leave it to
the DIP author to describe the issue for anyone interested, or,
if he would like, to open a discussion thread in the forums).

If nothing is decided before the next foundation meeting at the
end of this month, I will put the issue on the agenda.