Summary of the D Language Foundation Monthly Meeting on August 25th, 2021

Tejas notrealemail at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 16:23:22 UTC 2021

On Monday, 6 September 2021 at 11:17:53 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> The D Language Foundation meeting for the month of August took
> place on Friday, August 27, at 13:00 UTC. Participating were:
>
> [...]

Happy to see the meeting this month was fruitful as well, looking
forward to the blog posts/anouncements :)

As a topic to bring up in a future meeting, could you please
bring up DIP 1040? I talked to Max about it and he said that
implementing it requires a backend change which needs Walter's
help(I believe he said something about exceptions being
problematic), but due to reasons, Walter hasn't been able to see
to it.

Considering Walter's desire to make things easier for C/C++ to D
translator developers(as seen by his initiative regarding
`bitfield`), could you please bring up the topic of this DIP's
implementation and/or the next iteration of the DIP's design for
community review? It would be nice to see some progress visible
on this front.

Thank you for all the work you and the other language maintainers
do to make D better :D