Bugzilla Reward System

RazvanN razvan.nitu1305 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 12:33:08 UTC 2021

On Friday, 17 September 2021 at 01:07:09 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> On 9/16/21 4:56 AM, Mike Parker wrote:
>
> > This was Razvan Nitu's baby from conception to implementation
>
> Thank you, Razvan! Great job and a great article.

Thank you, Ali!

> What I missed in the article is whether we are going to reward
> all contributors or whether certain people like Walter are
> excused? :)

Foundation people like Walter and myself are not going to be
rewarded, however,
unaffiliated titans such as Iain, Vladimir and kinke have the
opportunity of being rewarded. Of course, it is their decision if
they do or don't want to participate in the race. Either way, the
scoring system is going to track everyone's activity and then we
can exclude foundation members and take into account potential
prize yields.

> Also, if a regression is best fixed by the person who caused it
> in the first place, regressions may become a good thing. ;)

If you are hinting at intentionally introduced regressions, I
think that it is the burden of the reviewer to catch them at
review time. If not, it really depends on who has time to fix it.
I, personally, fixed tons of regressions and only a small part of
those where introduced by me. I think that we can just assume
good faith and acknowledge the fact that people make mistakes and
it's fine to reward them if they fix them.

Cheers,
RazvanN