mysql-native v3.2.0 - the safe update

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 03:08:19 UTC 2022

On 4/27/22 6:15 AM, Andrea Fontana wrote:
> On Saturday, 23 April 2022 at 05:12:30 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
>> Note this does *not* build with dip1000, because the two underlying
>> libraries (Phobos sockets and vibe.d) do not build as safe with dip1000.
>
> Dip1000 is marked as "superseded". I don't understand what the plan is.

It's superseded by the implementation. Which means there's not really
any description of what it represents.

However, there is a -dip1000 switch, and my point was that mysql-native
in @safe mode won't compile with it because there are no valid socket
implementations for it.

I have a PR into phobos to fix it: https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/8438

I'm not sure how vibe can be fixed, I haven't spent much time looking at it.

-Steve