Giving up

jmh530 john.michael.hall at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 16:39:43 UTC 2022

On Friday, 5 August 2022 at 16:30:28 UTC, Rumbu wrote:
> On Friday, 5 August 2022 at 16:08:50 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
> wrote:
>
>> Just saying, I see an integer. That's an integer according to
>> the language (as far back as I can test, which is 2.060
>> released 2012). If that was somehow parsing as a float before,
>> that was a bug in the parser. Since your first release is 0.9,
>> released Jan 2018, I find it hard to believe this ever worked
>> for you.
>
> Yes, I am lying, my hidden agenda is to put D in a bad spot.
> Congrats, you got me.

If you pull up run.dlang.org and run the code below with "All D
compilers" (which goes back to 2.060) you can see what the error
messages would have been. As I said above, if you remove the `.`
or the `E` then it should have run fine (the server might time
out with all compilers, but you can run it with the current
version just fine). It is entirely possible that you have a typo
in your code that is causing the issue and what you looked at
previously didn't have the typo. No hidden agenda needed.

```d
void main()
{
     double x = 85886696878585969769557975866955695.E0;
}
```