my d blog has idea of effect system to replace @nogc etc

Adam D Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 15:08:01 UTC 2022

In my blog this week, I described an idea I've had percolating in
my brain for a bit about a user-defined effect system that could
potentially move nogc, safe, pure, etc to library aliases - which
would let you combine them as a fun bonus - among other things:

http://dpldocs.info/this-week-in-d/Blog.Posted_2022_08_15.html

Like with other inferred attributes, the argument-dependent and
virtual function caveats had to be mentioned, but since I talked
about them in other posts not too long ago I didn't want to go
over it all again.

Next week, I'll probably write up release notes on arsd 10.9,
which is overdue now but has a few new features (including ico
file support, more http timeout control, a couple more hidpi
linux fixes, a windows input gui fix, data uri transparent
support, terminal cursor save/restore, and others) I'll tag once
I finish regression testing. I doubt I'll announce that here
since it is p routine but maybe, we'll see how spammy I feel once
it is posted.