Basic D Game For New D Gamedevs (glfw 3.3 + openal soft 1.1 + opengl 4.1 )

jordan4ibanez jordan4ibanez002 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 02:45:39 UTC 2022

I have created a basic, and I mean basic, game/engine. I realized
this would be great for people who are interesting in making
games in D from the ground up but have no idea where to start.

The elements that are glued together in v1.0.0 are:

- GLFW 3.3
- OpenAL Soft 1.1
- OpenGL 4.1 with GLSL 410

Here is the repository, it is very bare bones:
https://github.com/jordan4ibanez/d_glfw_test/tree/v1.0.0

I was using this as a learning experience for making games with
the raw materials and gluing them together as I went, so
hopefully this can jump start someone's hobby in creating cool
games while greatly improving on aspects that exist in this
game/engine. This is translated from a LWJGL tutorial while
taking a lot of the Java-ness out of it as much as I could and
replacing it with D's strengths.

I hope you find this useful, and if you end up utilizing this to
start your game dev journey, I hope you have fun.