Basic D Game For New D Gamedevs (glfw 3.3 + openal soft 1.1 + opengl 4.1 )

jordan4ibanez jordan4ibanez002 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 02:51:16 UTC 2022

On Saturday, 27 August 2022 at 03:14:57 UTC, jordan4ibanez wrote:
> Well that was quick, the ~mysterious~ thing was experimenting
> with a more explicit manor of telling OpenGL to delete the
> whole Mesh because it can cause driver issues, aka, a GPU
> memory leak. Here is the new branch:
> https://github.com/jordan4ibanez/d_glfw_test/releases/tag/v1.0.2
>
> I think I'm done with it now, that should be a good baseline.

I was very wrong, I found a HUGE oversight in the Z_NEAR and
Z_FAR for the camera.
This is https://github.com/jordan4ibanez/d_glfw_test/tree/v1.0.3

The Z_NEAR was way too small.
The Z_FAR was way too big.

This was a side effect of prototyping. Causes: GL float
calculation errors! Z fighting literally everywhere. It is fixed
in 1.0.3.

I suppose I'll keep updating this if I find anything else, but
now it seems to be functioning as expected. It would be much
easier if I could edit the main forum post as I would not be
bumping this back to the top of the forum.