text based file formats

Robert Schadek rburners at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 15:56:38 UTC 2022

I complaint before that D and phobos needs more stuff.
But I can't do it all by myself, but I can ask for help.

So here it goes https://github.com/burner/textbasedfileformats

As on the tin, text based file formats is a library of SAX and
DOM parsers for text based file formats.

I would like to get the following file formats in.

* json (JSON5) there is actually some code in there already
* xml, there is some code already, the old std.experimental.xml
code
* yaml, maybe there is something in code.dlang.org to be reused
* toml, maybe there is something in code.dlang.org  to be reused
   * ini, can likely be parsed by the toml parser
* sdl, I know I know, but D uses it.

There are a few design guidelines I would like to adhere to.
* If it exists in phobos, use phobos
* have the DOM parser based on the sax parser
* no return by ref
* make it @safe and pure if possible (and its likely possible)
* share the std.sumtype type if possible (yaml, toml should work)
* no @nogc, this should eventually get into phobos

So stop talking, and start creating PR's.
For the project admin stuff, this will use github. There are
milestones for the five formats, so please start creating the
issues you want/can work on and start typing.