Breaking news: std.uni changes!

Dukc ajieskola at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 11:13:48 UTC 2022

On Saturday, 24 December 2022 at 21:26:40 UTC, Richard (Rikki)
Andrew Cattermole wrote:
> Hello one and all on this merry of all days!
>
> Today unfortunately I bring all but joy. For std.uni has had a
> bout of work!
>
> - Unicode tables have been updated to 15 from 6.2 (and with
> that the generator is now in Phobos!).
> - Unicode categories C aka Other have been brought in line with
> TR44 specification. E.g. ``unicode.C``.

This is a big service for us at Symmetry. Getting Unicode support
up to date was needed, we would have had to switch libraries at
some point or update it ourselves. But now, nothing to do except
perhaps dealing with a bit of breakage. Thank you!

I see it's not quite Unicode 15 though. `graphemeStride` does not
take Emoji sequences and prepend characters into account. I'm
going to contribute a bit now since it's holiday, and this is a
good task for me. PR coming soon unless I run into issues!