DIP 1038--"@mustUse" (formerly "@noDiscard")--Accepted

Daniel N no at public.email
Sun Feb 6 10:55:20 UTC 2022

On Thursday, 3 February 2022 at 17:25:16 UTC, Paul Backus wrote:
> On Friday, 28 January 2022 at 13:07:13 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
>> Congratulations to Paul Backus. DIP 1038, "@mustUse" has been
>> accepted after he implemented changes to address concerns from
>> Walter.
>>
>> https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/blob/master/DIPs/accepted/DIP1038.md
>
> Update for anyone following this: a PR implementing DIP 1038
> has been submitted, and is currently awaiting Walter's approval.
>
> https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/13589

Guess I'm way too late, I just find it very strange you settled
on mixedCase, it's not used for anything else. (nothrow @nogc). I
also don't agree with the motivation that @use is hard to search
for because @ is an unusual symbol.

Both these suggestions are better imho.
@use
@mustuse

Still congratulations, I guess the most important part is that we
get the feature... I'm just very surprised, is all.