Beta 2.099.0

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Wed Feb 16 06:55:57 UTC 2022

On 16/02/2022 06:53, forkit wrote:
> On Wednesday, 16 February 2022 at 04:14:01 UTC, max haughton wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 16 February 2022 at 01:38:08 UTC, forkit wrote:
>>> On Tuesday, 15 February 2022 at 13:06:47 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
>>>>

>>> I was so hoping I could now begin using -betterC on Windows...
>>>
>>> but no .. :-(
>>>
>>> i.e. stdout, stdin, stderr ...still cannot link...
>>
>> Can you not define them yourself in the meantime?
>
> err.. howdy doody dat?

The PR was too late for the beta, but this is the basic change:
https://github.com/dlang/druntime/pull/3740/files#diff-5cbe9748431681a766784b1bd997444d58d436a26a345b32397daae478f85c5dR907

Please note that this only supports the C runtimes for VS 2015 or later.
If you are using the mingw import libraries, you'll have to switch to
the corresponding version, too. Without a VS environment,
-mscrtlib=vcruntime140 should do, but the tests had to add

-Lvcruntime140.lib -Llegacy_stdio_definitions.lib
-L/NODEFAULTLIB:msvcrt120.lib

on the command line to do that.