D Language Foundation Monthly Meeting for February 2022

__StarCanopy starcanopy at protonmail.com
Mon Feb 28 03:42:55 UTC 2022

On Sunday, 27 February 2022 at 11:53:18 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> implementation of string interpolation should be easy to
> explain to anyone.

I'm a very unimpressive programmer, and I have a reasonable
understanding of the referenced DIP, so I hope Walter will give
his blessing.
Leveraging D's strengths such as the DIP does is quite cool, and
if a user wants something that's similar to the typical
implementation used by some other languages, then invoking `text`
with an interpolated string is easy, and it will produce the
expected result.