Added copy constructors to "Programming in D"

vit vit at vit.vit
Sat Jan 8 18:06:03 UTC 2022

On Saturday, 8 January 2022 at 16:24:03 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> On 1/8/22 5:49 AM, Stanislav Blinov wrote:
>
> >> Of course, now I stress that postblit is discouraged.
> >
> > Bit early, methinks. Copy ctors aren't even fully supported
> by the
> > runtime yet.
>
> Thanks. The spec discourages postblit as well. What's the best
> of saying it then? Something like "There are still limitations
> of copy constructors as of this writing." Or there are just
> bugs?
>
> Ali

Bugs, for example:

When appending to dynamic array reallocate memory, then copy
ctors are ignored.

Assignment of static arrays doesn't call copy constructor for
elements.

dup/idup doesn't call copy constructors...

This is necessary to fix it:
[SAoC 2021] Replace druntime Hooks with Templates
https://forum.dlang.org/thread/flwjoxilxfpvdjheehdg@forum.dlang.org