Why I Like D

forkit forkit at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 06:27:47 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 12 January 2022 at 02:37:47 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:
> "Why I like D" is on the front page of HackerNews at the moment
> at number 11.
>
> https://news.ycombinator.com/news

surely this article needs to be balanced, with another article,
titled 'why I don't like D' ;-) (..but written by someone who
really knows D).

IMO... the next generation programming language (that will
succeed) will be defined by it's tooling, and not just the
language.

Language complexity increases the demands on tooling.

I remember Scott Meyers.. the last thing D needs.. 2014 talk.

We really need him now.. more than ever ;-)