Why I Like D

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Wed Jan 12 16:17:02 UTC 2022

On Wed, Jan 12, 2022 at 03:41:03PM +0000, Adam D Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
> On Wednesday, 12 January 2022 at 15:25:37 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> > 	However it turns out that unless you are writing a computer
> > 	game, a high frequency trading system, a web server
>
> Most computer games and web servers use GC too.
[...]

Depends on what kind of games, I guess. If you're writing a 60fps
real-time raytraced 3D FPS running at 2048x1152 resolution, then
*perhaps* you might not want a GC killing your framerate every so often.

(But even then, there's always GC.disable and @nogc... so it's not as if
you *can't* do it in D. It's more a psychological barrier triggered by
the word "GC" than anything else, IMNSHO.)

A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems. -- P. Erdos